Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Trying Out Our New Baby Sling

The first thing we bought was a baby sling. We haven't really bought anything else, either (besides one hilariously funny onesie from Gap that says "I'd rather be naked") because we didn't want to "jinx" the pregnancy early on. But we couldn't pass up this sling from Seven Slings that we got for free - we just had to pay shipping.

It arrived, and like many other reviews, the fabric was a bit stiff (but it softens up a bit after a washing). It seemed pretty sturdy, but we decided to give it a test run with our toddler-sized dog.

And then the following madness ensued.

Caution: shirtless man alert!












Let's just say that Tom was REALLY ready to take that sling (and dog) off!

And his ear was soaked with puppy saliva.

Ew.

(The sling passed the test. If that sling can handle a wild and crazy thrashing 30 pound dog, I think we're good to go on the child-safety front.)

8 comments:

  1. OMG I am laughing so hard I AM LITERALLY CRYING. I even had my husband come over and look at this post. YOU ARE SO HILARIOUS. Can we be BFF's?

    xoxo

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. HILARIOUS!! Love it, I would say it passes the test too! I am a new follower!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, so glad you both enjoyed that series of photos! I'll admit, I think some of the blurriness of the photos was because I was laughing too hard to keep the camera still during the whole fiasco! :)

    Allison - Of COURSE we can be BFF's! Haven't I ever told you about how much your posts at HOH crack me up, too?! ;) You're my daily dose of funny, girl!

    Michelle - Thanks for following! :)

    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, you guys have officially gotten me back! I had to mop wine off the monitor! The half-naked-Tom-frantically-struggling-Barley one-two punch was OUTSTANDING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! That is hilarious!! I guess it passed the test! ;)
    xoxo from Germany,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I can catch my breath from laughing hysterically, I will post a comment that will make sense.......maybe......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha this is absolutely hysterical. Tom was certainly a good sport. Safety is important. :)

    How'd you get a free sling?

    And I can't wait til we find out if it's a boy or a girl. I'll have to drop off cute stuff at your mom's for her to send to you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a Hilarious!!Hahaha.........I love it.This is the best way to control my Tomi.I'm a new follower.........

    Baby Slings

    ReplyDelete