Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

13 Weeks

Dear Baby -

It's still hard to me to believe you're really there inside of me, baby. I'm growing a baby! It still seems so surreal to me, although my slowly growing belly proves that yes, this is really happening. YOU are really happening.

A week or so ago I felt you move, baby! Your Mommy and Daddy were in bed reading and all of a sudden I felt these little flutters down in my belly. It felt like you were busy popping some popcorn in there, baby! I've never felt anything like that before, and so I just knew it was you, baby. I told your Daddy that I felt you move, and he got the biggest grin on his face as he asked "Really? You did?". I have a feeling that you're going to be a very active little bean in there, baby, although with your parent's athletic history you never really stood a chance of being otherwise!

This week you're about the size of a large shrimp - is that why I've been craving shrimp so much this week?



You're now able to flex your toes and fingers, baby, and you now have fingerprints! It absolutely amazes me that while you're still so so so tiny you already have fingerprints, baby.

We sure get tons of use out of our Doppler, baby - we use it every week! We LOVE to hear your little heartbeat just thrumming away in there - the sound of it fills us with joy and reassures us that you're doing okay in there. Every time we hear it - no matter how many times - we can't help but smile. It's the most beautiful sound in the world, baby.

The other day we were even able to let your Grandma hear your heartbeat! She was so excited, baby, and couldn't believe that she was able to hear your little heart over the phone when she lives half the country away. It was so special, baby.

Everyone loves you already, baby.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment