Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

12 Weeks

Dear Baby,

This week you've gotten so much bigger - you're now the size of a lime.


{via}

You have reflexes now, baby - you can curl your toes and fingers! And you can also make sucking motions with your mouth. I bet if we looked inside my belly at you we'd find you trying out all your new reflexes, and even sucking your thumb.

We have a Doppler at home to listen to you, baby, but so far have been unlucky - until last night! We squirted a big fat glob of jelly on my belly and moved that Doppler probe around until we heard a fast little heartbeat - that was you, baby! We were so excited to finally hear you in there! Your heart was going so fast baby, it sounded like a train just moving right along. Your heart rate was so high - 153! You must've been really working out hard in there baby - probably twisting and turning around and doing flips and spirals to get your heart rate that high.

When we first heard your heart on the Doppler, both your Daddy and Mommy got all teary eyed just listening to your heart beat away. We love you baby, and can't wait to hold you in our arms.

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow Chelsea, that's amazing that you guys can listen to your baby's heartbeat at home. How wonderful, how miraculous! So glad God continues to bless you and Tom each day! And I can't wait to see how you two decorate the nursery. Such wonderful taste in decor, that nursery will be the envy of babies everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tia - it really is amazing! The first time we heard the heartbeat we both got teary eyed, and now we can't help but smile when we hear it. It truly is a miracle, and we are in awe of it everyday. :)

    Haha, I'm excited to see how the nursery will turn out, as well! I have a few plans forming... we will see! I will be posting about it for sure!

    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have your mother's eye for creating a warm and welcoming home! If you didn't live so far away I'd have to come visit you just to bask in it's amazingness!! :)

    I will continue to pray for your continued health and blessings with your little one, and can't wait to see your little miracle! I'm sure we'll cross paths some time when you're back visiting in the WP. :)

    I know you have made your parents so proud and so happy and it's great to see you and Tom on this adventure together of newlyweds, homeowners, DIYers, and soon to be parents. Nice to see regular everyday folk, you know? Like reality TV, except, actual reality not "made for TV" nonesense!

    <3 Tia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks, Tia! That's so sweet. It's true that I do have my mother to thank for having a beautiful and inspiring home (on a budget, too!). :)

    Thanks, Tia - that is exactly why I love blogs and blogging - it's real life and way more interesting to me than the "reality" shows on TV! I hope we do cross paths sometime in WP - it'd be great to see you!

    Hope all is well with you!

    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete