Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

4 Weeks

Dear Baby,

You're a big secret that nobody really knows about yet. Only 5 people in the whole wide world have even a faint idea that you exist right here inside of me. Soon that will change, but for now you're our big secret.

Today you're 2 weeks old, and you're the size of a poppy seed.


It makes me want a lemon poppyseed muffin just so I can imagine that you're one of those itty bitty black dots, all tiny and so small it's hard to even grasp the idea that this is the beginning of life. The start of you, baby.

8 days ago I knew that you were on your way. I could tell that the smallest molecule of you had been created. It didn't matter that the tests said you weren't there - I knew in my heart, I could tell.

Oh baby, I can't wait to meet you, to hold you, to see you, to love you. We just found out that you're really truly there - inside me! - only 3 days ago, and already my head is full of hopes and dreams about you.

Your daddy is rooting for you to be a boy, and I am hoping for you to be a girl. But either way we'll be happy. Honest. Your daddy and I have been waiting for you for a long time, baby, and this is almost like a dream for us. It's still hard to believe that you're really there, growing inside of my belly.

You're our little miracle.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea, I remember all of those feelings...congratulations, and welcome to the beginning of the most consuming love ever created.

    ReplyDelete