Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Mommy's Parents

Dear Baby,

Last week your Daddy and I took a vacation to go visit my parents who live very far away. We wanted to tell them about you in person - and boy, are we glad we did!

The night we arrived we all went out to dinner at a fancy steakhouse, and we waited until there was a lull in the conversation to tell them. I looked over at your Daddy and squeezed his hand and smiled at him, letting him know that this was it. My parents were intent on their salad plates at the time, so your Mommy had to get their attention somehow.

 "Sooooo......"

They all looked up at me, and I had the stage.

"We're having a baby!"

Your Grandma got this surprised look on her face, and said "Uhhh!" really funny. It was like I had punched her in the gut and knocked all the air outta her! Then she started saying "Oh, oh my, oh" over and over again. It was pretty funny, baby!

Your Grandpa raised his eyebrows until they almost melted into his hairline and then started chuckling and shaking his head.

They were surprised and very excited about you, baby. We showed them the picture of little you, and they couldn't believe their eyes! They can't wait to meet you, baby.

And your Mommy and Daddy can't wait, either.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment