Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

8 Weeks

Dear Baby,

You're already at 8 weeks! While it seems that sometimes time flies by, and that it was only yesterday we found out about you, other times old grandfather time creeps by slower than the steady ticking of a clock. I suppose it's just because we're so excited to hold you and feel you and meet you, baby, that time seems to be crawling by.

Your Daddy and I were able to see you again today, baby! And boy, have you grown - you're so much bigger than you were just two short weeks ago! The Doctor smiled and laughed when she pointed out that you were really busy in there, baby, because you were turning and flipping around and doing all sorts of acrobatics! It doesn't surprise me - both your father and I were serious athletes during school, and I have no doubt that you'll have the same high energy drive as we did. I wonder if you'll play your Daddy's sport of football, or if you'll end up a rower like your Mommy.

And just like a true athlete, all that exercise and work has given you a big appetite - there was hardly any yolk sac left in there for you to munch on! Just don't eat too much in there, baby, or you'll give your momma a hard time!

It was also the most amazing thing, baby - we heard your little heartbeat! Your Daddy smiled real big when he heard your tiny heat beating in there, and your Mommy, well, your Momma just gave up and cried. I had seen your little heart beating before, but hearing it beat for the first time just made you all that much more real to me, baby. You're really there! You're alive! Right here inside me! You are nothing short of our little miracle, baby, and we are so blessed and ecstatic about you.

 
{via}


Now you're the size of a kidney bean, and your little fingers and toes that we'll play with and you'll use in the years to come are growing. I can't wait to count your toes and teach you how to use your little fingers to be creative, baby. I wonder if you'll be more scientific like your Daddy or more artsy like your Mommy. I can't wait to find out, baby.

We love you already, baby.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment