Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

21 Weeks

Dear Baby,

This week has been one wild ride!

First your Daddy and I were flying high and were so ecstatic because he finally felt you kick for the first time! Your Momma was lying in bed and reading when you went on a little kicking-spree, and I called your Daddy over to see if he could feel you. He put his hand on my belly and we waited with bated breath for you to do something... and you did! I knew your Daddy felt you because he got this big grin on his face and he asked if that was me or you he felt, baby! I told him it was all you, and he was so happy and excited, baby - he's been waiting and waiting for you to get big and strong enough so that he could finally feel you, baby.

The very next day we went to the doctor for a checkup and found out that apparently you were very eager to come out to see us! Your Momma had to have surgery so you could stay in there a little longer, baby. Even though I know you want to meet your Mommy and Daddy, you're just not ready yet, baby (and neither are we!). So you be good and just stay in there and keep growing and being healthy, okay?

This week you're the length of a carrot, baby, and you move and kick all the time! Sometimes I can even see my tummy moving as you wiggle around in there.


Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment